Our Community Foundation awarded a grant to Washington Community Schools to improve Washington High School’s Lifeskills classroom. The grant will help purchase light covers for the room. The covers filter the light to lessen the impact on students who are susceptible to sensory overload. Sensory overload results from a person receiving more information than the brain can process. Lighting sensitivity is one trigger that can result in sensory overload, leading to irritability, difficulty focusing, and restlessness which adversely affects students’ ability to learn.